In this edition of the Finkelsetin Dental Blog Spot we discuss Gum Disease also known as Periodontitis and some of the warning signs you can look out for to help prevent it from becoming a burden on your life. As tykes we are told that a healthy mind is a healthy body. What we aren’t told is that Oral Health is key factor in maintaining your overall health and wellness. Did you know that Oral Hygiene is one of the most important forms of hygiene and yet it is the least practiced? The Surgeon General reports that at least 80% of American adults have Gum Disease. 93% of people with Gum Disease are at risk for Diabetes and that Gum Disease increases your risk for heart disease, blood pressure and stroke.
- Are your gums bleeding easily after brushing or when eating certain foods?
- Do they look red or swollen or hurt when you press up against them?
- Have you started to have severe bad breathe or strange tastes in your mouth?
- Is there a sudden separating in your teeth or have your teeth started to fall?
- Have you developed an overbite or a change in the positioning of your teeth?
If the answer is yes to any of the above, you may be suffering from Gum Disease and it is imperative you make an appointment with Dr. Finkelsetin immediately for a check up. Good news, if Gum Disease is diagnoses early enough, it can be treated rather quickly! Don’t wait, make an appointment. Take care of yourself and your teeth. If your smile is not becoming to you, then you should be coming to Dr. Finkelstein.