To our Dental Family,
We hope you and your loved ones are in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We promise to continue to monitor any changes to these agencies recommendations and stay current on all procedures & protocols.
To increase the protection of our patients and team, you will notice some changes at your next appointment. Please note the following:
- Prior to your appointment, you will be receiving a text message and/or an email with a Covid-19 screening questionnaire as well as any paperwork that needs updating. Please read thoroughly and notify us if you have answered “yes” to any of the questions. Please try to have all paperwork filled out 24 hours before your appointment time. Click the link to fill out all necessary paperwork before your visit: https://forms.patientconnect365.com/15362
- Until further notice, our reception area will be closed– We do not have any magazines or books in our reception. At this time, we are asking that our patients come into the office alone unless a guardian or aid is necessary. We do ask that only a single parent or legal guardian bring their child to their scheduled appointment and that no other children are brought to the appointment, as well.
- We are also asking all patients to please wait in their vehicles and text or call the office, using our main office line (954)584-1030 when you have arrived. This will help us keep hallway traffic at a minimum.
- All patients are REQUIRED to wear a mask when entering the office.
- All patients will have their temperatures taken.
- Patients will wash hands before being seated and after treatment is complete, before dismissal.
- PRIVATE treatment suites to allow no contamination throughout the office or in hallways.
- HEPA air filtrations systems strategically placed throughout the office.
Our scheduling is managed to allow the best social distancing, however, please be patient with us as we are making every effort to keep appointments efficient and ON-TIME as we do our best to care for you.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at (954)584-1030 or schedule online: www.myplantationdentist.com
For patients who are not able to come to the office(yet), Dr. Finkelstein is now offering teledentistry to triage your needs.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Dr. Finkelstein and team